Monday, October 7, 2013

General Confrence

Howdy Y'all,

 What a great opportunity we had to listen to a prophet of God this last week end. I love general conference so much, and the guidance that can be received from it. I agree 100% with President Thomas S. Monson, when he said this had been the most inspired conferences. I wrote down a bunch of different questions that I wanted help with, and I received answers to all of them. There were also two talks in particular that I feel were said just for me! Some of the things that really stuck out to me were, the emphasis on gaining a strong testimony. This really is such and important thing that we all must do. As we read the scriptures we can find strength, and we can find help to our questions. As we do this we gain a testimony. Also one of the talks mentioned that we grow our testimonies by living the principles of the gospel. How can we gain a testimony of something that we don't live. We can't do that. If we want to gain a testimony and begin to become more converted we have to live the way our Heavenly Father would have us live. And we need to do the simple stuff as well. 

1. Read the scriptures
2. Ponder the meaning of what you read.
3. Pray, and as our Heavenly Father if it is true. 

You also need to act on the principle

This works for every aspect and principle of the gospel. If you are trying to gain a testimony of tithing. You need to be paying your tithing. And it isn't just a one time thing. Conversion isn't just a one time thing. It is a day to day process. I love this because it just goes to show that we are always teachable. We can always improve and become better sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. So please if you feel that your testimony is struggling do the things that were talked about in conference. And then be on you knees in sincere prayer that you may know if this message and church is true. Because if we gain a testimony of The Book of Mormon, then Joseph Smith is a true prophet. If Joseph Smith was a true prophet, then the priesthood has been restored, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's kingdom re-established back to the Earth. We will also know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. He came and he payed the price for our sins. Because of him we can feel the peace and love of our Heavenly Father. I also love the truth that was talked about in conference, it is NEVER to late to come back. All of us make mistakes, we are human and it happens. But we can repent and become better! 

   The gospel of Jesus Christ is so important, and it was discussed alot during conference! I would invite you and ask you to please study it. You will be able to understand more of our Heavenly Fathers plan for us. Read, 2nd Nephi 31, as well as 3rd Nephi 11. These both talk about the doctrine of Christ. It is so important and it will lead us to want to be better member missionaries. 

This also leads me to the next thing that I really liked. Elder Ballard talked about the importance of member missionary work. He talked about how we have so many missionaries now, and the light of Christ that comes from them. But we can't help the work move forward with out the help of the members. "Now is the time for members and missionaries to labor together in the the vineyard." We read in Doctrine and Covenants 88:73, 

 73  Behold, I will hasten my work in its time. 

Now is the time when He is hastening His work. And that is through the members and the missionaries. Elder Ballard said, that many of us don't pray for missionary opportunities because we are afraid we won't know what to do when they come. I promise you that if we pray for these experiences and we read the scriptures and "Treasure them up in our minds" then Heavenly Father will help us, and the Holy Ghost will bring things back to our remembrance. I know that is true, because I have experienced it out here while on my mission. It has blessed me, and I know that it will bless you.

 " It is impossible to fail when we do our best, and we are on the Lords Errand." and " Its a matter of faith and action". There were so many great things said in general conference  and I can go off on them all day, but I don't want you to take my word for it. I want you to be able to find this out for your self. So please pray about it, and do the things that are needed to have those experiences. They will bless you I promise.

   Things here in the woodlands are great. I am loving it here, and I will be getting a new companion this week. I will find out on Thursday who it will be, but it looks like I will be training. It will be a good experience for me. I am excited to be able to serve, and help the work go forward in this area. 

  Well I hope Y'all have a fantastic week, and I would invite you to go back and read the conference talks again.


Elder Joshua V. Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment