Monday, September 30, 2013

Another week in the Woodlands!

Hey! 

This has been kinda a crazy week, but it has been good! 

To start the week we went to Market Street again to try and do some street contacting, and this was after meeting with our Bishop and coordinating the missionary efforts in the ward. And we started walking around, and I thought to myself that I should say a prayer real quick. So I stopped and said a prayer, and asked to be able to have someone we could teach a lesson or scripture to, and I said amen, and with in 45 seconds we ran in to someone who we taught a lesson to. And the scripture that I wanted to share was 3rd Nephi 5:13 which says: 

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. " 

This is one of the reasons why I am out here. I have been able to feel the abundant love and peace that comes from this gospel, and I want to be able help others to feel that same feeling! This gospel can bring so much happiness to everyone! So that was one of the tender mercies I was able to experience this week. 

We also were able to have interviews with the mission president, and have a training from the assistants. And it was such a great training! We talked about how to have a powerful first lesson. But one thing we worked on quite a bit is our purpose and helping others to understand why we are here. And they challenged us to get up in testimony meeting to state our purpose and to bare testimony of our purpose! And I want to do the same thing, because I believe that it is a very powerful and true message!

 Our message is central to Jesus Christ, and as called representatives of Jesus Christ we invite all to come unto him. We do this by helping them build faith in Jesus Christ by inviting them to do the things that will build there faith in Jesus Christ. Things such as praying at the end of the lesson, reading the scriptures and Praying to know if they are true, and then attending church. By doing these things we build faith in Christ and it will cause us to want to change the things we do. We will want to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.  This is simply what we call repentance. And as you make those changes your desire to follow Jesus Christ will increase. You will want to enter into a promise that you will take his name upon you, and always remember him. This is baptism, and after we are baptized and are able to receive a remission of our sins, we can feel the peace and love of our Heavenly Father. We are then also able to receive a special gift. The gift of the Holy Ghost, which can be our constant companion. It can lead us and guide us through temptation and difficult times. It can protect us from physical and spiritual danger. It has helped me so much in my life, and I know that it will be able to help you in your life as well. This is my testimony and promise. 

General Conference is coming up, and we have a great experience to listen to the prophet and his apostles and learn of the things that he would have us do.  I am so grateful for the time we will have to be able to listen and learn. The things they  say are truly inspired and they receive revelation of the things that we need to hear. I want to invite all Y'all  to think of a question or questions you have or things you have been praying about, and write them down on a piece of paper. Then as you listen to conference listen for an answer to that question. I promise you as a representative of Jesus Christ that you will find an answer!  I have experienced this in the past couple years, and I know it to be true. 

I heard a quote yesterday, and it was, " God doesn't always give us what we want, but when that happens he gives us something better" It might not be the answer we are looking for or want, but our Heavenly Father Knows each of us and what will help us to become better. Times can be hard, but with our Heavenly Father and with Jesus Christ we have no need to fear or worry. We can be "Saints of all seasons." 

I wish y'all the best week!

Elder Joshua V. Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment