Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hows it going y'all! Things are good here in Texas, although it is beginning to be a bit chilly! Luckily it will only be like that for a couple days. Well this week has been kinda a really crazy week, and we have seen miracles and surprises and everything in between. So In my last email home I mentioned that my companion was getting transferred, and I wasn't sure if I would be training or what would be going on. 

So... Monday we went and visited lots of members before Elder Harris was leaving. Monday night around 9:50 we got a call from the other zone leader who was joking with me and called me zone leader Elder Christensen, and told me I would be training and all that, he then told me he was just kidding and to call him later. Well he got me pretty good, but I thought I was just getting a companion that had been out for a little while because I hadn't got a call from President Pingree. 

Well I spoke to soon, around 10:20 I got a call from the Assistants because President Pingree wasn't able to call, but they had a couple questions for me. They first asked how the work was going here in College Park, and how the Sisters were doing. I told them that we have been seeing lots of miracles happening with them here and explained that they were doing great. They said they were grateful for the work we were doing, and then they asked me if I would be willing to train again. I told them that I would love to. I don't know if I am the best at it, but I told them would be willing to accept any calling. I might have spoken to soon, right after this they asked me if I could be able to serve as a Zone Leader. This kinda shocked me but I did accept. So with that being said....

Tuesday we drove up to transfers and I dropped Elder Harris off, he will now be serving in the Magnolia Ward which just right next to where our ward boundary is. But it is just barley out of the stake so I won't be seeing him in any meetings. But I was with another elder for a couple of days, and we were between the different areas. So that night we went around and just visited with some different members, and we went over to the Richters for a little while where one of our investigators was, and we were able to see how she was doing. She is the one who will be getting baptized this Saturday if everything works out. 

Weds we did the same things with visiting members. So were still out of town so it was a bit difficult. But It was good, that night we were able to teach Adriann again. But things went really well. Then right after that we went to a part member family over in one of the other wards. They were such a great family! I really enjoyed being able to talk with them and get to know them better. it was really enjoyable! The father is not a member but he is so kind and a perfect example of what southern hospitality is. So we had a great night with that.

Thursday 
We went up to the training meeting where we would be picking up our new companions. So my new companion is another Elder Peterson, he is cool. He is 19 and graduated around the same time as I did. He is from Richfield Utah, but he will be great! 



So really just the rest of the week we went around trying to get him introduced to members, and just have been trying to help him get use to missionary schedule. 

Sunday we had Stephen and Adriann at church which was really good, Ben wasn't there, but that night we were able to go over to his apartment with Stephen. And they had some different concerns that I was really nervous about answering. But we were able to get the spirit there, and we were able to help overcome the majority of the concerns. So now we are working with them with their other concerns, and trying to see when we can reschedule dates for them. 

We talked a lot about prophets and they were wondering when to know if the prophet is speaking with the power from God, or if he is just speaking as a man. And we were able to read a couple of different scriptures and really we just bore testimony about how we can receive a 2nd witness for ourselves on whether what the prophet is saying is true or not. When we listen to the Prophet we can take the time and read the scriptures and to pray. If we have concerns then we can take them to our Heavenly Father. I know that He will answer our prayers, He loves us and wants whats best for us. We just have to do our part and ask Him, and just like it says in D&C 9 we can find out whether it is right or not. I know that is true and I bear testimony of that! I have seen in while I have been out, I have seen it work in the lives of the people I have worked with out here. I have a knowledge that God will provide an answer through the Gift of the Holy Ghost! 

Well over all it has been a great week. I hope everything is well back home! Y'all are awesome, keep up the good missionary work. Please with this new year pray for opportunities to serve and bring others closer to Christ. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints this is our responsibility. 


Elder Joshua V. Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment