Monday, June 16, 2014

Transfers

Hey I found out that I am getting transferred! It was a quick six weeks. I am not sure if I will be be staying in Cypress or where I will go. But from what it seems like they may be putting zone leaders back together in the mission before the new mission president comes in two weeks! There is a chance that I might be going back to the area I started in, so that could be kinda fun. But I will send out my new address once I receive it! So until then please don't send anything! 

Follow up from Elder Christensen on his transfer after his original email:
I don't know the address yet, but I just received a call from president Pingree, and he has asked my to come and serve with him in the office as an assistant. Holy cow!!!!!!!!!! I am so nervous!!! But I am excited for the opportunity!! This is such a big shock!! Once I find out the address, I will let yall know next week! but really in all honesty you can just send mail to the mission office and I will get it! Ahhh any advice!!

This last week was good! I am going to have to keep it pretty short, but we saw some really great miracles this last week. We were able to get in with different members and less active members and were able to go through some of the missionary lessons with them. There is a member named Brother Howery. Right now at the moment he isn't very interested in coming back to the church. But over the past few weeks we have been able to get in and talk a little bit with him!! He is such a nice guy, and I think he is getting to a point where he will be ready to come back. This last week we talked with him and he brought up over and over family! And so by the end of the night we taught a lesson on eternal families!! It seemed to go over pretty well.

I wish I had more time this week to write but these last few days have been so dang crazy for me. Next week I will have a longer email. But I just also wanted to say happy fathers day to all the fathers!! I love one of the mormon messages by the church, and I invite yall to watch it! It is so good!! It is called


I have such a testimony that God is our loving Heavenly Father!! He wants us to be happy while we are down here on the earth!! He has given us our familes to bless our lives! I know that as we read the scriptures, pray, and go to church as a family when we can, that our familes will be strengthened and we will feel a great sense of love for each member of our families!! I know this to be true! I have experienced in my life, and I am seeing first hand how it is blessing other families!! 

I hope yall have a great week!

Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment