Monday, March 30, 2015

Because He Lives

Hello everyone! What a wonderful week we were able to have! Like I mentioned last week we were able to have the missionary department with us this week. And they did such a great job at training us, and helping us see what things we could do to improve. 

Tuesday night my companion and I had the opportunity to meet with them, and then we went out that night on splits with our Mission President. It was great to see him and his family again also! But we went to dinner with President Mortensen, and we were just telling him about how the zone is doing. We were telling him about all the great things that were going on with the wonderful missionaries in our zone. We truly saw some incredible miracles this month with in the zone. And  the Lord blessed us as we were able to elevate our vision as a whole. 

From there he came with us to a couple of teaching appointments, and they were very powerful. We taught a recent convert about temples and family history, and his mom came and listened. And after the lesson she told us that she would like to begin taking the missionary lessons again. So we met with her 1 other time this week also and she is praying to know if she should be baptized at this time of her life. 

Then following that appointment with the recent convert we went over to another members home to meet with Brenda. We finished teaching her the Laws and ordinances lesson, and as always you could see how prepared she was for her baptism. Following that we went back to our apartment and had a planning session with President, and overall it went really well. He gave us some great pointers about what things we could do to improve, but he said we did a great job with focusing the planning on the people we were working with. 

We were able to find a couple new investigators this week that we will begin to work with, so we are excited for that! The Lord is blessing us so much! 


With the missionary department being in town we had a big MLC (Mission Leadership Council) meeting. It included all of the zone leaders and the sister training leaders and the district leaders. They trained us on how we can plan more effectively. As well as we were trained some different skills to help us be more effective teachers and help our investigators better progress and be prepared for baptism. Our meeting went from about 9:00 am until about 3:00 pm. So it was a long meeting but it was really good! 

They also showed us the new video that the church has produced. It is called " Because He Lives." It is amazing, but I will talk a little bit more about it at the end of my email.  


We had our zone meeting the next day, and it went very well. This last month the zone put a lot of hard work into accomplishing the goals that we had committed to. And we were even able to exceed the goal we had for this month. And with all of the training the missionary department gave us I can just see the zone continuing to see that same success. So I am excited to see what the future has in store for this zone and stake.

  We also had Brenda's baptism on Friday, and it was a fantastic service! And then on Sunday is when we were able to confirm her a member of the Church. But she just mentioned how great she felt after being baptized! And now they are set on working to get to the temple to do baptisms for the dead and also in one year to be sealed in the temple! It is such a great blessing! 


Well going back briefly to what I said earlier, the church has put out a new video. The link can be found just below, but I would just invite you as you watch this video, think of who comes to mind that you could share it with. And in what way you could help others to see this wonderful little video. 


This is such a wonderful little video. I want you to ponder just for a minute on the way you felt as you watched the video. What does it mean to you that Christ has risen. Because Christ truly has risen it means that we can receive a forgiveness of our sins, but not just that. We can have a hope in the Resurrection of Christ. We can know that He overcame the bands of death, and by so doing He bridged the gap to help us overcome the effect of the fall. 

I have found my self often this week thinking of the hymn #136 And I love just reading through the lyrics. Again I would invite you to think of the same question. What does it mean to you that Christ Lives. 

I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives, my kind, wise heav'nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I'll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"


I know that Christ Lives, and I truly am grateful for his atonement that he made for us. I have found so much joy and comfort come as I have turned to my savior. And because he lives, he will answer us, and he will help us. No matter who you are, or what you have felt Christ can help you. That is what the wonderful message of the Gospel of Christ is. 

Please this week find at least one person that you could share this video with. I know by you sharing it with others that you will be able to help someone feel closer to Christ this Easter season. The video is powerful and the Holy Ghost will testify of the truthfulness that He lives. 

And just think of how blessed we are also this next weekend to hear from the Prophet and the Apostles and hear them testify about the divinity of Christ. They truly are witnesses of Christ, and I know that as you listen to them this week end and you prayerfully consider the questions you have going into conference that you will be able to find and answer.  

Take the time to be prepared to receive what the Lord wants you to receive by going to the Temple, and by reading your scriptures prayerfully! And as you do this you  will be able to feel uplifted and edified! I know this to be true and I testify of it. 

Well I hope y'all have a great week! 

Elder Joshua V. Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment